MySQL runs on virtually all platforms, including Linux, UNIX, and Windows. Although it can be used in a wide range of applications, MySQL is most often associated with web-based applications and online publishing and is an important component of an open source enterprise stack called LAMP. LAMP is a Web development platform that uses Linux as the operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP
as the object-oriented scripting language. (Sometimes Perl or Python is used instead of PHP.)
1. MySQL is a database system used on the web
2. MySQL is a database system that runs on a server
3. MySQL is ideal for both small and large applications
4. MySQL is very fast, reliable, and easy to use
5. MySQL uses standard SQL
6. MySQL compiles on a number of platforms
7. MySQL is free to download and use
8. MySQL is developed, distributed, and supported by Oracle Corporation
9. MySQL is named after co-founder Monty Widenius's daughter: My
10. The data in a MySQL database are stored in tables. A table is a collection of related data, and it consists of columns and rows.
Databases are useful for storing information categorically. A company may have a database with the following tables:
Download MySQL Database
If you don't have a PHP server with a MySQL Database, you can download it for free here:http://www.mysql.com
Here is 5 Major steps to fetch or insert data .